Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Said the Man To The Lady...

Things overheard at Coachella:

On the grounds: "Does a six month old baby appreciate the subtleties of Radiohead?"

In a beer garden: "Look! People on stilts! Oh, and surprise - they're headed for the rave tent..."

In the VIP section: "I asked Adam Brody (from the O.C. )for a piece of gum and he was so out of it that he just mumbled when he answered me." (for more naughty O.C. meets Coachella dish - check out our pal, Retrobuzz. Mischa getting dry humped on the lawn? Classy!)

At the Air show: "Did she pass out in her vomit, or next to it?"

Thom Yorke after playing "Creep" in Radiohead's encore: "That was for the Pixies because they requested it. The Pixies changed my life."

Near the food stands: "Okay, who said it was okay for every guy here to take off his shirt? Sometimes, it's just so NOT okay."

At the Stills show: "So, are you enjoying that $6 burrito? It looks real good..."

Near the t-shirt stands: "I went into that one tent and all I could smell was grass - both kinds."

In the VIP section: "I love Thom Yorke! I want to have 10,000 of his babies!"

The Pixies closing line: "Thanks everybody. See you at Kraftwerk later tonight!"

At the Kraftwerk show: "See? Those are robots on stage because this song is called 'We Are the Robots.'"

At the Dizee Rascal show: "I'd love to rap along with this guy, but I never know what the fuck he's saying. I couldn't even understand him when he was talking to me at the autograph tent."

At Junior Senior: "I don't know why, but I feel so gay right now!"

At Sahara Hotnights: " I know it's a cliche, but I really think Swedish chicks who rock are hot."

Just about everywhere: "Hello? Hello? Shit, I lost the signal again."

So, same time next year? Ummmm...