Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Run Outside In the Desert Heat...

Coachella was this weekend, that music festival that takes place in the middle of the blazing nowhere for a couple days. I should state now that I hate festivals; I only went out of the fear that the Pixies would pull a Van Halen and I'd never have another chance to see them.

My take? It was hot and there were too many people. Like 50, 000 people too many.

Bands I got to see either part or all of their sets: the Sounds, Sahara Hotnights, the Stills, Hieroglyphics, Junior Senior, the Black Keys, Death Cab for Cutie, Pixies, Radiohead, Kraftwerk, the Killers, the Thrills, Belle & Sebastian, Dizee Rascal, Air, BRMC, Crystal Method, Basement Jaxx, and the Cure.

Favorite show? Oh, by FAR, the Pixies. Duh.

Best Surprise? Kraftwerk. Go, old German guys! They were really onstage, and their heads glowed. And when they left stage, they were replaced with robots. They really do that shit! Rad. Fuck Blue Man Group.

My Celebrity Moment: Sipping a drink in the VIP section (with a couple thousand other VIPs) and having Fred Schneider of the B52s walk right up to me as if he knew me, look at me quizzically, and then look around. I smiled at him, he giggled a bit and was gone. Ok, didn't I tell you all I was a fag hag?

Thank God I had free drink tickets.