Tuesday, June 07, 2005

They Were Panoramic

Okay, I'll start going into the Pixies now.

I saw them 6 times last week: 2x on Monday, May 30th in San Fransisco at the Warfield, 2x on Thursday, June 2nd and 2x on Friday June 3rd at the Wiltern here in Los Angeles. If I could have taken another day off work, I would have seen them in San Jose too.

They were having fun, sounding awesome - totally ripped it up. I went a little bit nuts at times. As one of my many Pixies dates said to me, "You were totally rockin' it out." Yea, but out of 6 shows, I only have one bruise and one scraped elbow to show for it, so we weren't rockin' it out very hard. We're old.

Details next post. Here are the songs I think I remember hearing over the course of my pilgrimmage:

Bone Machine, Break My Body, Something Against You, Broken Face, Gigantic, River Euphrates,In Heaven, Where Is My Mind?, Cactus, Oh My Golly!, Vamos, Brick Is Red, Caribou, Isla De Encanta, The Holiday Song, Nimrod's Son, Levitate Me, Debaser, Tame, I Bleed, Wave of Mutilation (both versions), Here Comes Your Man, Dead, Monkey Gone to Heaven, Mr. Grieves, Crackity Jones, La La Love You, There Goes My Gun, Hey, Gouge Away, Into the White, Dance the Manta Ray, Winterlong, Velouria, Allison, Is She Weird, Blown Away, Stormy Weather, Planet of Sound, Alec Eiffel, The Sad Punk, Head On, U-Mass, and Subbacultcha.

I think that was everything I heard. It's all one long, happy blur...