Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Que Sera Sera

I've lived in California all my life, and it's an awfully big state. People move in, people move out. So I've gotten used to people leaving. It's a bummer to lose confidants, party pals, dancing buddies, movie partners and someone to lay around in the sun with, but I've gotten used to it. But I'm a good pen pal, and now I have crash pads all over the globe!

The latest loss to California is a New Jersey native who made it here by way of NYC and then Seattle, my roommate Kerry. As she heads to the Motor City, I wish her luck on the new chapter of her life and this: Thanks for the good times, the rambling stories (well, on my part), the allnighters, the TV loungers, the castoff clothing, the good music, and everything else that would take too long to mention here.

In honor of Kerry's departure, I present to you my favorite of all of her blog entries (perhaps you tuned in to So Says I during it's time?). California is always here waiting, until we fall into the ocean, anyway. Remember, we'll always have Neup's hot tub.

An Open Letter to the Producers of I Want a Famous Face:

Dear Producers of I Want a Famous Face:

Hey there. What’s up? Nothing much here. I’m just writing because I have been watching your show a lot lately. Did you know that MTV plays each episode 5 times a day? That’s 2 ½ hours of the same surgery every day. Considering I watch MTV seven days a week, that is… well… a lot of seeing the insides of strangers. But who I am kidding? They’re not strangers anymore. Jessica? The transsexual who wants to look like J. Lo? I feel like I've know her/him for years. Mia? The Britney look alike who just needed some fake breasts to complete the look? She knew exactly what she was doing by forgoing a career in marketing. I mean, Britney’s here to stay, while marketing is definitely a flash-in-the-pan kind of job. And who can forget Sha, the Pam Andersen want-to-be? Soon enough, Pam won’t even look like Pam because she’s getting up there in age so Sha can swoop in and take her place. That’s one smart naked model.

So I’ve been thinking… maybe I want a famous face. I didn’t even realize it until I after repeated viewings. In fact, I don’t want a famous face… I need a famous face. But who? I’ve thought about musicians and actors who recently have had an impact in my life and came up with an obvious answer. I want to be zombie #30542 from Dawn of the Dead. Zombies are timeless, and I hear they are going to be really in for spring. And I’m tired on having my insides on the inside, you know?

Ok, thank you Producers from MTV’s I Want a Famous Face for your time. I hope to hear from you soon regarding my up-coming episode.

Hugs and Kisses,
Kerry