Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Take the Skinheads Bowling

I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there, the Dude, takin' her easy for all us sinners.- The Big Lebowski


I got this email from my pal, the Dude, today. Like, the real Dude. I only saw "The Big Lebowski" once, and I was a little bit stoned, but it was funny (not just because of my condition). It's got quite a following, and since this event is happening here in LA this year, I think I have to go and watch people get all batshit over this really sweet bear of a guy.

So if you're interested, here are the deets (from the Dude himself):


Just wanted to let a some of my friends and associates in LA know about this upcoming Lebowski Fest thing which really is a hoot. It is on Friday and Saturday March 25 & 26. You can come either night or both nights.

The Friday night part usually involves a fair amount of drinking, some bands playing, and then they show THE BIG LEBOWSKI with the Greek chorus joining in.

The Saturday night event is always at a bowling alley. About a quarter of the folks come in costumes which are often hilarious and inspired. Check out the website photo gallery from past fests.


No need to come in costume or be a good bowler- almost all the folks are alot better drinkers and talkers then they are bowlers. This is not a bunch of Trekkies (ed. note: I heart Trekkies)--these folks have to be smart and have a good enough sense of humor to get Joel & Ethan's sense of irony.

It sells out very fast so you might want to get tickets now. Especially the bowling night which they have to cap off. It's real cheap too!

No -- I don't make any money on this--it's just a helleva lot of fun. Browse through the website and you'll see.

Hope you can party with us. It's fun to go to with a couple of your friends who like to laugh and hang out.

the Dude abides!


And go here to check out something related and totally absurd. Don't ask how I found it. This is fun too. Is this Lebowski thing kinda culty or what? Oh, whatever. White Russians for everyone!