Thursday, February 03, 2005

Master and Servant

Since I don't like festivals, I came up with my own. It'd be called "Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery" festival. The "ISF Fest" for short. Think that's catchy?

Anyway, here's the lineup:

DAY ONE (post punk dance punk party): headliners - Gang of Four. Also: Hot Hot Heat, the Rapture, Radio 4, !!!, Moving Units and Bloc Party.

DAY TWO (post punk quirky punk thrashy): (co-headliners) XTC and The Fall. Also: Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, the Futureheads, Dogs Die In Hot Cars, Louis XIV, and Kaiser Chiefs.

And in the Tent for the midnight "rave" portion? Well, they would all be sharing the same keyboards and videoscreens, and it would be: (co-headliners)Depeche Mode and Gary Numan (with Tubeway Army). Also, the Faint, Ladytron, Fischerspooner, Adult and I Am Spoonbender.

This is already happening anyway... David Byrne performed "Naive Melody" with the Arcade Fire in NYC the other night. My festival will happen. And when it does, I'll be there to spray you all with water cannons.

Everything old is new again. Right?