Thursday, May 31, 2007

Loch-spotting

She's back! My favorite legendary creature of the loch, Nessie, has been filmed again!

EDINBURGH, Scotland - She's as much an emblem, and a tourist draw, as tartan, bagpipes, and shortbread. And now Nessie's back. An amateur scientist has captured what Loch Ness Monster watchers say is among the finest footage ever taken of the elusive mythical creature reputed to swim beneath the waters of Scotland's most mysterious lake.

"I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45-feet long, moving fairly fast in the water," said Gordon Holmes, the 55-year-old a lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video this past Saturday.
Is that cool or what? I've gotta get to Scotland, have a drink with Nessie, and then sleep with Ewan McGregor. Oh wait, did I say that out loud?