Monday, February 02, 2004

But I Don't Like Crowds!

For the music geek who can tolerate the masses... The lineup for this year's Coachella festival is firming up. I won't be there, but maybe you will. It would be great if I didn't have to be the short girl staring at the midgets on stage over the heads of skater kids taller than me with baseball hats on. I've been told it's not so bad, but anything approximately 70,000 people strong out in the desert isn't appealing to me, even if some of my favorite bands in the world are playing.

Here's what the rumor mill says:

SATURDAY: Radiohead, The Pixies, Kraftwerk, Electric Six, LCD Soundsystem, Sahara Hotnights, The International Noise Conspiracy, And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, Atmosphere w/ Eyedea and Abilities, Kinky

SUNDAY: The Cure, Wilco, Air, Belle and Sebastian, Basement Jaxx, The Thrills, Moving Units, Mogwai, Dizzee Rascal, Prefuse 73, Sidestepper, T. Raumschmiere, Seb Fontaine, Sage Francis

DAY UNKNOWN: The Flaming Lips, !!!, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bright Eyes, Death Cab for Cutie, The Sleepy Jackson, My Morning Jacket, The Crystal Method, Paul Van Dyk, Mark Farina, The Stills, Broken Social Scene, The Killers, Stellastarr, The Black Keys

Have fun. And remember, don't take the brown acid.