Saturday, October 09, 2004

Him Dancing

Guess what I'm doing for Christmas this year?

Pixies
Support: 50 Foot Wave (feat. Kristin Hersh)
Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NYC
Saturday, December 18, 11:59pm

I'll be lucky if my head doesn't explode after this show. Two of my favorite artists of all time, on the same stage, on the same night? The only way this evening could possibly get any better was if Duran Duran was playing some secret 3am show at a club nearby, with Interpol opening, so we could white trash disco the night away. Then as we blearily wandered into a nearby coffeeshop afterwards while the drugs are wearing off, Johnette Napolitano would be there singing and playing guitar for a small but appreciative group as she comes down from the previous night's drinking jag.

But I'll settle for just the Pixies and Kristin Hersh for now.