Friday, July 07, 2006

Birthday Blog

I know, I neglect you and then I ask for things. I can be a brat sometimes, I guess.

It's my birthday month. Despite the fact that I didn't want to do anything, I find that there are quite a few little celebratory things going on. Last Sunday, one of my best friends let us have a little "Cancers rule!" pool party at his beautiful home under the Hollywood sign. Last night, my ex-husband took me to see Belle & Sebastian at the Hollywood Bowl with the Los Angeles Philharmonic. For the first time ever, I did not doze off at a B&S show! I'll write more on that later. There are still dinners and parties to be had - July is a great month.

So if any of my pals want to get me a present, here are some ideas:

CDs:
BRMC - Howl
Cadence Weapon - Breaking Kayfabe
Band of Horses - Everything All the Time
Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
Cat Power - The Greatest
v/a - No New York
Neil Diamond - a greatest hits - I don't want it live, and it MUST have "Cherry Cherry," "Cracklin' Rosie," and "Kentucky Woman" on it.
v/a - Soul Jazz Records presents Tropicalia
The Twilight Singers - Blackberry Belle ON VINYL... gatefold and everything!
Go! Team - Ladyflash 12"
Hot Chip - Over & Over 12"

Books:
Fool the World: The Oral History of a Band Called Pixies
The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground

DVDs -
Six Feet Under (any and all of them)

And thank you very much, in advance.