Friday, August 27, 2004

Is She Weird?

A couple months back tickets went on sale for a series of Pixies shows at the Greek in Berkeley. My friend was frantic to buy tickets, but had no computer on which to buy them. I was frantic for tickets, but had no money to spend. We combined forces, and I used his credit card information to happily secure 4 tickets to see our favorite band in the whole world.

A month or so later, after the tickets had arrived, I learned - quite accidentally - that this friend had given all four tickets away. And hadn't held one for me. Due to a misunderstanding, my Pixies ticket for the Saturday, September 25th show was gone. I cried.

Soooooooo... I'm looking for a ticket to see the Pixies on Saturday, September 25th, at the Greek in Berkeley. If you know someone selling one for a somewhat reasonable (regular) price - please tell me. Or I'll cry some more.

And just so you know, you really shouldn't feel too much pity for me. I'm seeing them in LA on the 22nd and 23rd, then driving to Berkeley for the Friday show on the 24th and Sunday show the 26th. But I'm a completist. And a brat. And I have a history of following this band around as if they were the Grateful Dead and I was a stoner with no shoes on wearing long colorful skirts and tripping. Except for the Pixies, I just thrash around a lot.

Anyway, if you hear anything...