Saturday, June 12, 2004

To the Left of Your Dial

See me-
Hear me-
Don’t you know you can’t get near me?
You can only hope to hear me on your radio
On your radio-
You’re gonna hear me on your radio...

- Joe Jackson

Did you catch it this week? On Saturdays, I DJ at Little Radio from 12-3pm. You can always find it at littleradio.com, or - if you're in LA - you can try 87.9fm... or so I'm told.

Here's what I dragged into the station today for y'all:

Slip It In - Big Black
Trouble - Elvis Presley
Baby Got Shot - Verbena
Into You Like A Train - Psychedelic Furs
Methamphetamine Blues - Mark Lanegan
Double Dare - Bauhaus
Projects - Bailterspace
Kiasu - Celia Mancini
On the Beach - Rocket
Mr. Kicks - Oscar Brown Jr.
Chumpville - Carolyn Mark & the Roommates
Manos - Spinanes
I Don't Know - The Peels
Heaven Wasn't In the Sky - The Dagons
Launderette - Vivien Goldman
Herbsplatte - Valentin Mehler (David Holmes remix)
Kamasutra - Vampyros Lesbos soundtrack
The Frog - The Village Callers
So Nice (Summer Samba) - Astrud Gilberto
Death & the Maiden - Verlaines
Foregone Conclusions - Pedro the Lion
I've Just Seen A Face - the Beatles
Hold A Shadow Down - Steve Barton
Peach Kelli Pop - Redd Kross
Cactus Cat - Look Blue Go Purple
Seven Days - the Apollas
Sing a Simple Song - Sly & the Family Stone
Tiger - Brian Auger & the Trinity
I Can't Dance With You - the Small Faces
Thursday Girl - Black Hills
The Invitation/ Author Unknown - Jason Falkner
She Hangs Out - the Monkees
Pony Express - the Pioneers
Don't Stay Away - Phyllis Dillon
Jump in the Line - Harry Belafonte
Dumbjaw - Barkmarket
Chantilly Lace - the Big Bopper
Kasimir S. Pulaski Day - Big Black
When You Smile - Dream Syndicate
Simple Solution - Rick Stone
Rock Creek Park - Blackbyrds
Papa Was A Rolling Stone - Temptations
Domani - Twilight Singers
Pretty Boy - Mellowdrone
Moneypenny's Theme - Actionslacks
This Is Radio Clash - The Clash
Making Time - The Creation
Green Onions - Booker T. & the MGs
Think - Lyn Collins
I'm A Man - Spencer Davis Group
Jane - Poster Children
The Light Pours Out of Me - Magazine
House of Jealous Lovers - the Rapture
Bold Soul Sister - Ike & Tina Turner
Lola - the Kinks
Click Your Heels - On the Speakers
She Speeds - Straitjacket Fits
Hook in Her Head - Throwing Muses
Little Willy - the Sweet