Tuesday, June 08, 2004

If You Had My Love

I must comment on this J. Lo biz. Why not? I'm now a blogger, after all, and this means the gossip element is strong.

So she got married out here in Beverly Hills over the weekend. And didn't they look lovely? Folks are teasing about Marc Anthony not being all that much, but being a Latina with a weakness for the Latin pop stuff, I can tell you he's been around for years and is actually pretty darned good. He's not just all "I Need to Know;" he actually did some quality salsa - good for hip shaking - years before that. And I loved the first J. Lo album, much in the same way that I love Midori sours... I know it's basically candy - but I can't help myself!

So anyway, what I really want to know is... why didn't she marry (or at least break off an engagement to) Puff Daddy? P.Diddy? Sean John? I mean, she was with this guy longer than she was with any of her husbands/ ex-husbands/ ex-fiancees. He's stylish and hip and has good dance moves and all that other stuff she seems to appreciate.

News on the street is that Mrs. Anthony the 3rd (I think) is already knocked up, hence the quickie marriage. Whatever.

I dated this guy once who told me he loved me after two weeks. I was a little more than stunned. We broke up a month later and I didn't really notice. Then he proposed to his next girlfriend after they'd been dating for a month... only she accepted, and he promptly dumped her for being stupid enough to want to marry him.

Okay, J. Lo is kinda reminding me of that guy. So we'll see. I won't even bother placing any bets cuz it's just waaaaaay to easy of a call...