Thursday, April 05, 2007

Little Radio Radio

Here's the playlist for Thursday, April 5th... if y'all were tuned in:

The MINT CHICKS edition (my new obsession):

Crazy? Yes. Dumb? No! - The Mint Chicks
Work For Love - Ministry
Same Old Scene - Roxy Music (Glimmers Mix)
Love Thyself - Macromantics
What Light - Wilco
Estuary Bed - The Triffids
Moth In A Cloud of Smoke - All Smiles
We All Belong - Dr. Dog
Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammy Terrell
Baby, It's You - Smith
Cuban Slide - The Pretenders
This Damn Nation - Actionslacks
Catholic Block - Sonic Youth
Real Friends - The Mint Chicks
Digital - Joy Division
Sof Core - Maurice & the Cliches
Walking City - Miho Hatori
XR2 - MIA
Don't Look & It Won't Hurt - Richmond Fontaine
Lloyd, I'm Ready to Be Heartbroken - Camera Obscura
The Day I Found Myself - Honey Cone
Poor Poor Pitiful Me - Linda Ronstadt
The Seeker - The Who
Tears - The Chameleons UK
Kaleidoscope - Ride
Maze of Love - Dave Clark Five
Peach Kelli Pop - Redd Kross
Ockham's Razor - The Mint Chicks
Let Our Love Be - Chris Joyner
Heavy Heart - You Am I
A New England - Billy Bragg
Holy Chord - Dappled Cities

I'm going absolutely nutty over the Mint Chicks right now. I kind of think that if Redd Kross had started today, they'd sound like this. It's got traces of Devo, Ministry, Joy Division, Dickies and other stuff I haven't quite figured out yet, and I love every minute of it. They're crazy New Zealand types, and the record is on Flying Nun. And the brothers who started the band are cute. Bonus!