Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Stand Accused


Burglary at Home of Duran Duran Guitarist

Posted Apr 2nd 2007 10:09PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned that the home of John Taylor, bass guitarist of the rock group Duran Duran, was burglarized Monday night.

According to police, Taylor's house was ransacked and several items were missing from the residence, including the rocker's personal safe.
Taylor and his family are currently in England. The break-in was discovered by the housekeeping staff.

Along with the LAPD, the Hillside Burglary Task Force, also responded to the call. The special task force was created after a string of burglaries were reported in the west end of Hollywood Hills last year.

Cops told TMZ, "At this point, the fingerprints and photos are being taken of the scene and it is an ongoing investigation."

Taylor was one of the founding members of Duran Duran, one of the most popular bands of the 1980s.

******

Okay, I have received this info via email from many, many of my friends, asking me if I have an alibi. My deep love (but not obsession) of Duran Duran, and John Taylor, is well documented. Basically, what happened is this:

Well, I was looking for cracks in the pavement when suddenly I had a view to a kill! The shadows were on my side thanks to a new moon on Monday, so I slipped into the wild boy's house and, since I don't believe in shame, grabbed the electric Barbarella (what a girl on film!) and ran to the shore to the chauffeur. We were waiting for the night boat anyway, and there wasn't anyone out there, so we hightailed it to Tel Aviv. At the time I was pretty hungry like the wolf, but it's already just a careless memory, I'm afraid.

Geez, guys - I didn't do anything! If I broke into the man's house, I would have waited for him to come home and stayed over for drinks. And asked his wife Gela Nash-Taylor for some of those cute Juicy Couture tracksuits. Really!