Thursday, October 19, 2006

The "Traffic Made Me Do It" Show

I didn't think it was possible, but traffic is getting worse in LA. Last week, it took me nearly 3 hours to get home from work - a 12 mile commute. Today, it took me almost 2 t go the 9 miles necessary to get to Little Radio downtown. I had visions of using my truck to knock other cars out of my way. I put my head in my hands and cried. I had a big shot of Jameson's on ice when I got to the studios.

Then things were a little better.

Little Radio Playlist 10/19/06

Watch the Sunrise - Big Star
Queen of the Surface Streets - DeVotchka
The Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen
Submarine Bells - The Chills
The Paris Match - Style Council
Listen Up - The Gossip
Loud Pipes - Ratatat
The Lonely Ones - The Takeover UK
Ever Thought of Coming Back - Kelley Stoltz
Busby Berkeley Dreams - The Magnetic Fields
This Flight Tonight - Joni Mitchell
Shakin' Sugar - Jay Bennett & Edward Burch
Hang Me Out to Dry - Cold War Kids
This Old Heart of Mine - Delroy Wilson
Leave It In the Hands of Love - Phylliss Dillon
After It All - Cat Power
You - Rogue Wave
Gone - Golden Smog
Anthrax - Gang of Four
In Every Dream Home a Heartache - Roxy Music
Run Rabbit Run - Twilight Singers
The Man With the Child In His Eyes - Kate Bush
I Left My Heart All Over the Place - Tim Rogers & the Twin Set
White Daisy Passing - Rocky Votolato
Margarita - Sleepy Brown ft. Big Boi & Pharrell
Natural Man - Lou Rawls
Foxy Girls in Oakland - Rodger Collins
Right On - Ray Barretto
If You Want Me To Stay - Sly & the Family Stone
Beyond Belief - Elvis Costello
Celluloid Heroes - The Kinks
The Lure Would Prove Too Much - Twilight Singers (I really DO love this song!)

Also...

This show was a bit of a birthday present for Warren, who lives in Berlin so didn't hear it anyway. But Happy Birthday!