Monday, December 26, 2005

X Marks the Spot

Musical alphabet. We're at X. So, uh...

X.
Someone explain to me how Exene Cervenka was able to marry both John Doe AND Viggo Mortenson? Cuz she's a kooky little woman, and they are insanely hunky sensitve men. Must be that "sensitive" part.

X rules. They even ruled during he first round of their reunion period when Billy Zoom re-joined the band. In fact, I saw the two years ago at our local street fair, and they were still ruling. I'm just jaded.

Nobody has sounded like them. Nobody harmonized like Exene and John Doe because she didn't know what the fuck she was doing. They were one of those early "punk" bands that was actually filled with melody, and you could tell they had a country thing goin' on too... before it was cool for punk bands to go outlaw country and shit. They were political and caring and in your face and friendly and rowdy and great.

Besides, the song "Nausea" rhymes with my real name. My friends used to sing it to me all the time. Those were the days.