Wednesday, March 24, 2004

The Love Below

I wanted to mention that last night I met Andre 3000. Well, I didn't actually meet him, but we did exchange pleasantries.

I was at Amoeba Music in Hollywood to see 50 Foot Wave. After spending some quality time in the green room with Kristin Hersh and her kids talking about my teeth (it's a favorite subject for us, as I've never had mine fixed and have fangs as a result, and she had hers fixed and curses the day she allowed that to happen), I went back out onto the floor to rummage through some stuff. A friend told me that Andre was in the jazz room, and as I was looking for some Marlena Shaw vinyl anyway, I decided to go in for a peek. I sidled up alongside of him while flipping through the CDs so as to be able to geek out in a not so obvious way, but he caught me. Either that, or (most likely the actual reason) my tight sweater and push up bra got his attention. Anyway, he said, "Hello there," while nodding. I nodded back, "Hi. Dig your stuff." He said, "Well, thank you." Then I said, "Nice hat." (He was dressed in brown and beige checkered skinny legged mod pants, black shirt with a brown bomber leather jacket, and a sort of straw cowboy hat.) So he tipped the hat and winked.

Terribly sweet and not sleazy at all. Awwwww...

And 50 Foot Wave rocked.