Monday, January 26, 2009

Specials Slumdog

Um, yes, I am one of those people obsessed with Slumdog Millionaire. I've seen it 3 times already and hope to see it a bunch more. But I tend to obssess over Danny Boyle movies - they are usually pretty fantastic. He seems to be fond of bags of cash, as quite a few of his films feature them (Shallow Grave, Trainspotting, Millions).

I was very happy that it won the SAG awards, after the Golden Globes, and I can't believe it - but I hope Oscars come its way too.

And I absolutely have to comment on star Dev Patel's outfit at the SAG awards. He had on a skinny suit with a bow tie, and damn if he didn't look like a member of the Specials. You think?

Have a look:


And here is the corresponding story about their win.

And here is one of the grooviest songs ever from the Specials.


I'm just sayin'... Those Brits know how to do the India stuff. And Dev's a Brit. And he can keep on dressing like the Specials, cuz it's cute as hell.