Thursday, July 08, 2004

Am I Demon?

You know how Glenn Danzig likes to be all badass and pretend he's Wolverine and stuff? Well, here's a funny story from a gig in Arizona that went awry the other night... Guess this happened on Monday the 5th? For video and discussion, check here.

From Danny M, of the band the North Side Kings (I've edited it down a bit):

Before crazy rumors begin to spread, I would like to explain what happened:

North Side Kings were to play with Danzig last night in Tuba City, Arizona. To make a long story short, the whole show was a disaster and a few bands got bumped off. Mr. Danzig (or his managment??) refused to push back the original scheduled time slot so North Side Kings and Rapid Fire would have to play "after" his set. Whatever- we agreed to play later because we drove 6 hours and didn't feel like going home without playing.

Needless to say, as soon as Danzig was finished, the venue turned on the lights and Danzig's crew and the staging company began to take the stage apart almost instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backstage while he was signing autographs and told him I thought he was an asshole because of his "rockstar" attitude and no consideration towards the FEW other bands that got bumped off tonight.

In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling, "Fuck you motherfucker!" trying to be a big toughguy in front of his fans. I, in self defense, punched him in the face - knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man would do.

It was unfortunate that this went the way it did - and I hoped Glen Danzig learned a valuable lession tonight... Do not lay your hands on anyone unless you can handle what may happen.

I apologize for nothing, except for the poor little kids that had to witness this big asshole get his ass kicked in a matter of seconds.....


See kids, another example of why steroids are BAD for you!