Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I Got Punked

When I read this today, my heart leaped out of my chest, I lost my breath, and I nearly fell out of my chair:

PIXIES TO PLAY 23 SHOWS AT NYC'S MERCURY LOUNGE

In what is surely an unprecedented run, the Pixies will play 23 straight shows at the Mercury Lounge in New York City. 'I don't think it's ever been done before,' says bassist Kim Deal. 'We originally were approached about doing 10 shows, which was cool and all, but we said EFF THAT, we're the PIXIES, we're going to do more.' Sources close to the band reveal that initially they were shooting for 25 shows, but a scheduling conflict with a Dashboard Confessional show prevented this from happening.


And then I clicked the link for more info... How on earth could I have forgotten what day it is today?

Sometimes, it's good to be got.