Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Australians Are Rad

If you've read any of my past postings, you'll know that I Heart Australia. I hope to find some nice gay actor boy from Oz who will marry me so that I can be his beard (Guy Pearce? Oh, he's already got one... Just kidding!) and we can live happily ever after in Sydney.

Here's the latest from Down Under:

********************************************

Swimmer drives with shark on leg

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- Lifeguards at a beach post north of Sydney couldn't believe their eyes when a man walked in with a small shark attached to his leg.

Luke Tresoglavic swam 300 meters (1,000 feet) to shore, walked to his car and drove to the local surf club with the 60 centimeter (23 inches) shark biting his leg and refusing to let go.

"I just realized I had to swim in like that, hanging on to it," Tresoglavic told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio on Wednesday. (more)
******************************************

Yea, they do things a little differently on that continent...

Check out the Aussie Invasion coming to your town soon... the Vines and Jet playing together! That's gonna be a rowdy show, so wear your steel toed boots and a helmet. Another great band cruising around our country by way of Perth, the last outpost on this planet, are The Sleepy Jackson, playing with my dear friends, On the Speakers (Featuring Ian Sefchick - the master craftsman from Creeper Lagoon!).

Can I just move there now? Please?